Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Not So Exciting News

powdered sugar Dixie


January is just that way isn't it? Not so exciting news abounds around here. Just the daily grind. Get up, do chores, get on the Internet, do more chores, go to work, come home and make supper, help with homework, go to bed.

Throw in a little basketball practice/games, some 4-H stuff and thus makes up my life these days.

We are entering a deep freeze here in the next three days. I told the girls to bring lots of things home because we will likely be here the next four days. I hope the school districts in the area truly consider the ramifications of sending kids out in -25 to -35 degree weather, and forget about the fact that we will be going to school until July. If a bus quits or even one high school kids car on the way to school, is it worth the exposure they will endure?

The horses will get their extra hay in the next few days, and I think I will find Bart the Barn Cat and bring him in to our basement. The indoor/outdoor cats Timmy and Osa are already bouncing off the walls with pent up energy, but they are brought back to reality by Mick our dog if they get out of control. It is really quite humorous to see him get up from his sleep to calm them down and take control.

N and I are going to Colorado next week to do a couple of campus visits. One at Colorado State in Fort Collins and the other at Colorado College in Colorado Springs. The two colleges are as different as can be, but she needs to see the diversity to make some decisions. I personally think she will do better in a smaller private college, but it is her choice and her wings that need to expand, we just provide the wind to set her off.

Today I am thankful for fleece. I am unsure of the origins of this wonderful material, probably something to do with the military or space. All I know is on a cold winters day we fight over the fleece blankets in our house. We have enough to go around, it's just N has a huge fleece blanket and we would all rather have that one.

Keep warm my friends! Spring is merely a handful of months away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love Colorado. Say hello for me, Kathy. And yes, fleece is a good thing. This weather is ridiculous.

Reddunappy said...

Dixie is gorgeous, even "sugar" coated LOL

Deana said...

I love the sugared look. I am doing the chores, ball games, thing too. Nothing too grand going on.