Friday, January 09, 2009

A Little Ice, A Little Snow




Or a LOT of ice and a little snow. Last weekend we got a nice thick covering of ice on everything. Jack fell and hurt his shoulder on his first step outside the door. No need to visit the doctor for that one, so we are thankful.




The ice Saturday night delayed school on Monday. I don't drive a bus but a friend of mine does and let me tell you they should have canceled from her stories. Some of the backroads were like ice rinks.




I had to pleasure of taking the kids out on their first recess since the ice storm and spent my entire time telling them to stay off the blacktop. What I find interesting is that it is always the older kids in the school that question you. If you tell the Kinders not to go on the ice, they listen and find something else to do. Meanwhile the 5th graders who are now experiencing their 6th year of school, constantly have to be drug off the ice. On top of it I get the "why?" question over and over. It must just be human nature.




Today I am thankful for my Dad, who celebrated his 77th birthday a few days ago. I thought about him all day long and then promptly forgot to call him. So Dad? I love you and miss you and wish you a very happy birthday and a great 78th year.

4 comments:

Deana said...

What a sweet note to your father. I love love love that photo but I hate ice. We have very little snow here anymore but the ice storms can be very destructive. I am always afraid I will fall. I feel for your husband. That stuff hurts!

Callie said...

Love the photo! I hate ice!

photogchic said...

Tell Jack I feel his pain...I stepped outside and slipped right down our front steps and right under my car...no one saw it...but it had to be pretty hilarious. Just a bruised ego.

Rising Rainbow said...

I love this pictures. It is very cool!

Don't you hate when you do that with birthdays? I know I do. It seems to be a regular occurence with me. Thankfully, it's not always the same person. LOL

Happy Bday to your dad!