Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Years


S and Jack


A Very Happy New Years to all of my faithful readers and those who just happen upon this blog.

I don't have a list of New Years Resolutions for the year, but after reviewing my resolutions from last year I have decided the only resolution I should make is to read up and learn how to make and keep resolutions.

One thing I would like to do with this blog in this new year is to use it as a gratitude journal of sorts. I would like to include something I am thankful for with each post.




I am thankful for my husband Jack. My husband is a kind and generous man that who only wants me to be happy. He love and cares for myself and the girls in not only the big ways but in the small ways. For instance he goes out each morning and shovels the driveway, clears off the vehicles and even shovels a path from our front door to the bus pick up spot so S can walk across the yard without getting her feet full of snow.
It is these little things that he does that make me thankful to be so lucky to have him. This fall we will celebrate 20 years of marriage. With any luck at all we will have another 20 years together and beyond.
Other News: I sent the girls out today to ride the horses bareback. They had a fun time despite the windy conditions. N's boyfriend rode double on Classy with N while S rode Dixie. A (neighbor girl) was over as well and rode Gunner. Gunner did a remarkable job going out on his second time bareback. The girls noted that the horses seemed to have a good time too. Winter gets to be a long season penned up in their paddocks with the limited movement. Being forced to move out across the pasture was good for them and the kids. They need to get out of the house and move about too.


3 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I'm not one for resolutions either. I figure if I just try to live each day up to my values, I should be doing OK!

You sent the kids out to ride, but what about you? You need some riding time too.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Donna said...

I need to remember to be thankful for the good things in my life too, thanks for the reminder!

Deana said...

I think we would all do well to be thankful for something in each post. That is a wonderful resolution! Happy New Year!