Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post Christmas Musings


Christmas has come and gone and as in past years there are things I just didn't get around to doing. For the first time in what seems like forever I didn't complete my Christmas card. Usually I work hard enough at it, stay up late at night and get it out. This year I didn't even get that far. So... for all of you that were expecting it I am sorry. The photo above is my card!
Our family was able to spend Christmas with our loved ones again this year. Jack and I are blessed to still have our parents with us, and despite the fact my father was unable to make the celebration with our side of the family, having him in our lives continues to be a blessing.
It is now that time of year for contemplating the past year, and looking towards the new. We went through a lot of highs and lows with our little Emmett this year. The short time he was with us was truly truly a blessing. As I have said my thoughts of late have turned towards getting myself a riding horse, and now after further thought I think paying off some of Emmett's final bills and saving up for a horse is a much wiser route, especially with the down turn in the economy. That said, you never can tell what will happen...
Jack's business continues to thrive, with contracts in place for next year that in past years wouldn't have come around until March, so for us things look good. I know there are those who are suffering, and things just feel bleak, so tightening the hatches seems the best route to go.
I wish you all the best in the year to come. I hope your families are happy healthy and profitable. Also, I hope all my horse buddies safe and joyous rides on your chosen mounts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kath.

Happiest of New Years to all of your family.

Callie said...

Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year!