Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas and such

I have been contemplating purchasing a horse for myself. Classy (in banner) is too arthritic for me to learn much on anymore. I would love to find a young rider for her to teach. Someone who doesn't weigh quite as much as I do! The thought of selling, leasing or having her leave our property in any form is too hard to wrap my mind around, so she will likely just stay in our pasture and give the occasional visitor a ride. Heck my neice already thinks she is hers, so there ya go.

I found a lovely spirited Appaloosa that reminds me a lot of a younger version of Pony Girls horse My Boy. In every picture he looks full of energy and ready to take on the world. Perhaps not what I am looking for, but boy does he pull at my heartstrings. I told Tammy that he will likely kill me, but I would look good doing it. Either that or I would put him in training and really learn, finally, how to ride.

There are a few others that have caught my eye as well. The good news for me, for a change, is that it is a buyers market. Well, at least until spring it is.

9 comments:

Callie said...

Good luck, I like my middle aged girls, myself, feel safe on them. But again, I don't get along with boys, they tend to push me around. Must be some weird thing with me. Do you have a pic of this new prospect?

Carol said...

It is definitely a buyer's market!! Sometimes I wish I could afford a second horse (because there's no way in H*** I would ever get rid of Griffin). I have fallen head over heels for draft horses (ever since I spent that summer driving carriages in weddings and such). I REALLY want one and look at the classifieds for them all the time. I have found a few I thought would be great deals -- but **sigh** I can't afford another horse. At least I can look....and wish. I wish you luck in your search for YOUR perfect horse! I am excited for you to be finally looking for one for YOU :)

Deana said...

Prices here are so low right now for some amazing horses. I was just talking to a lady last night at dinner who is a jumper and looking for a new girl. I think too many people around here can't afford to keep the horses fed anymore during the winter.

Good luck, and have a wonderful holiday!

Rising Rainbow said...

You may be surprised. This buyer's market may last past spring. Take you time and find the perfect fit.

Rising Rainbow said...

OH! I almost forgot the most important part.....you all have a very Merry Christmas!!

andinarvaez said...

Great blog! And I agree with the above. Find that perfect fit and take your time since you're in it for the long haul. Good luck finding something great!

I'm a huge fan of Arabian horses. We actually have a contestant for this year's USEF "Horse of the Year" award.

His name is Adams Fire and you should check him out for some inspiration :)

He is actually quite unique in heritage. There are four continents in the first four generations of his pedigree and he is half Arabian and half DHH (Saddlebred, Hackney).

Good luck to him!
You can actually vote here: http://www.usef.org/contentPage2.aspx?id=hotyaward

Rising Rainbow said...

Thinking of you and yours on this blessed day!

Merry Christmas!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Just stopping by. Love your banner!

Unknown said...

I saw his mention here so I thought I would share.

I was just on Facebook and discovered Adams Fire's fan page. You should join. I wonder if other horses have one of these. It's pretty neat.

Check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adams-Fire/41300508269?ref=s

Any luck with your horse shopping?