Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quick Post of Sorts


Why do I wait until the last minute to do things? It is like 35 degrees out this morning, and about to rain at any second. Sound like a good day to stay inside? I thought so too, except because I procrastinate too much, I had to go out and spend two hours fixing the horse fence where they took that corner post out. What.. was that two months ago already? Probably. At any rate it is fixed.


After work I will be back out setting water tank heaters up for the chickens and horses. Then I can move the horses back into their pens for the winter. I am sure they will enjoy it as they will have shelter, but on the down side they will have to eat hay. They have been foraging on pasture since the last move. I can't turn them back down onto the pasture connected to the ponds because of the danger of a fall through. Last year we lost three head of cattle when the snow got to deep, taking out a fence. The cows ended up on the ponds and fell through. Not good at all.


The picture above is from this weekend. The girls and their friend A went over to Tammy's and demonstrated for a 4-H trail clinic. None of the girls had ridden the horses they rode, so it was interesting. Poor S got to ride the horse who knew nothing. On the other hand N rode the horse who knew everything, and she didn't quite know which buttons to push to make him work. It was fun and we appreciated being asked over.

1 comment:

photogchic said...

That is a great picture...all lined up and ready to go.