Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Moi, S, Jack, N

Despite the crash last week, life moves on. On Saturday N was confirmed! I've always said that I would allow my children to choose which religion they felt most comfortable in, and when it came down to it, N chose the religion she grew up in. I'm not saying this is her final choice, but it is the one she made on Saturday.

She was by far the most dressed up of the group, and told me later she didn't understand why the other conferments didn't dress up more for such an important event. But, that's my daughter, who is often called a thirty year old in a sixteen year old body.

It's pictures like these that make a person wonder. Not how my dear children have grown up so fast, not how I was so lucky to snag such a handsome man, but instead "what the heck is with my hair?" Sunday morning I gave myself bangs. Seriously what was I thinking trying to go without them? Let's not even go into why my eyes look so buggy... was I suprised?? It's important questions like these that bring life back to normalcy. Or that's the hope!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bug-eyes just make you look more like Susan Sarandon! :))

N. is looking a bit like Terry Garr in this photo (I love Terry Garr).

Gorgeous family!!!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous family. (my eyes are always buggy, too! What's up with that?) I love your necklace, btw. Is that a garnet?

N does have a Terri Garr look about her! Good call, Katie.

So do we get to see the banged look, too? (hmm. Banged. Somehow that doesn't sound quite right. ;-) )

Kathy C said...

Yes, I believe it is a Garnet. It's Lia Sophia from when I went on a spending spree a few years back and updated my jewelry.

Banged... Gawf! YOu made me think of Beanie!! Where is that girl?!

Deana said...

What a beautiful family you have.

Your daughter is right. I don't think people dress up nearly as much as they should for certain things. I am horrified by what people even choose to wear to weddings, church and funerals now.