Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting Back On

N and Gus
sorry... yes I know it's a bad shot.

Scariest things I have encountered (in no particular order):

Getting Married

Having a child

Riding Gunner after he threw me

Being chased by a bull when I was eight years old

Asking a boy to prom

Watching my daughter drive out of the driveway today.

N is feeling better, but as some have told me, each day brings a different pain. Yesterday her arm really started to hurt. She is still having a hard time taking deep breaths, and hasn't gone back to playing the flute for it hurts too much.

In comparison to other 'accidents' she has had, she said getting thrown into the fence off of Sierra at a show when she was eleven hurt much worse than this accident. I don't ever remember her complaining about that fall. I remember it clearly in my mind, as if in slow motion, as I also remember the buck off of Sammy she encountered that led to a doctors and chiropractic visit.

Still busy here counting my blessings. Hope you are all well.


6 comments:

Tracey said...

Life is scary, no doubt about it. Blessing counting helps!

Donna said...

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better, I am sure it will take some time for all of the different parts that have been affected by the impact to sort themselves out.

Callie said...

Glad in the end, it turned out ok and she is safe! That was scary! Take care!

Rising Rainbow said...

Nothing scarier than kids in cars. I stll worry about mine.

Hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving.

Deana said...

Glad to hear she is feeling better every day. It does take a while.

Getting married was my scariest day in that I thought I would pass out and couldn't do it. But I am sure if I'd had kids, that would surpass even that!

Alex @ Wakefield West Yorkshire Equine Photographer said...

Scarey stuff! It's been such a long time since you last posted!? Love the photo of the horse at the top of this blog real arty equine portrait!