Thursday, September 20, 2007

Training

Tuesday's practice was a leap forward and today's was a step back. Gunner wasn't feeling up to working much tonight, so N struggled with him a bit. I feel part of a winning team is working hard together to connect, and there are many up and down days ahead for these two. He has come SO far over the summer, we really just couldn't be happier. I know the trainers were concerned that N was getting frustrated tonight, but she's had frustrations before and the minor bump in the road today was nothing.

I am SO happy my camera is back. Here's some shots from tonight. This first one is blury but I am keeping it anyway. N just finished working G in small loped circle and he dug in and did it for her. I just missed her throwing her hands up in the air while she was loping.









I really like the mane flying in this picture, and the miniscule pieces of dirt flying up behind him.









The lighting was awesome tonight. It was late evening and so as the night went on things began to glow.









Here they are cooling off after a good workout.









(click on images to enlarge)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos-- I like the one with the mane flying, too. It really looks like such a nice evening. I hope you ride throughout the winter.

KinnicChick said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Kathy. I love the last one with the glowing sunset. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You even had some Divine help with your lighting! Beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

I'm back! You've been tagged. The topic: Seven ways to commit blog suicide.

http://lifepundit.typepad.com/novel_struggles/2007/09/seven-ways-to-c.html

photogchic said...

Really nice shots---really enjoy the last one.

Wayne Jones said...

Like the pictures.....