Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Seven ways to commit blog suicide

Hmmm I've recently been tagged by Anne of Novel Struggles
on Seven Ways to Commit Blog Suicide.

Ha! I say, perhaps I have done this already. Not the tag, but committed blog suicide! Or at least I have tried really really hard.

While I seem to have one or four regular readers, over the years I have gained and lost some readers. Oops. So...without further ado...here's my list:

1) Don't respond to the comments. I just recently realized that I have been attempting this little piece of suicide all along! Shame on me, and please forgive me all you who have asked questions that never got answered. The answers are: yes, no and sometimes.

2) Write about your favorite pet over and over. Yes, this too I am guilty of. I proudly step forward and take the blame, but as you can see I am holding on to Gunner's lead rope and he is standing beside me equally taking the blame. But doesn't he look good?? He's so cute. He's the most handsome horse out there. It means more to me that some little girl thought he was cute than anything else that happened at the show Sunday. AND our friends took a survey and of all the horses they have known, Gunner is the most handsome. Maybe I can find a picture of him to input here....nope, I looked and I think you've seen them all at least once if not thrice.

3) Post about your children with only letters for names. Blah - who do I think I am kidding. Like someone couldn't search further and come up with their names? N = Nancy and S = Sally. Duh.

4) Say you are going to stop posting so much. Then post a lot. It confuses people. Not only readers, but also yourself as you worry about posting too much after saying you weren't going to post as much.

5) Post a lot of pictures making your blog load slowly. Hmmm...I should try this one.

6) Title your blog about two subjects and only report on one of the subjects. Like for instance Cats and Art, and only talk about your cats!

7) Don't incorporate new exciting blog tools. It makes it too much fun for readers. Plain boring original stuff is the way to go!

Whew! The real question is why are you all still here??

And...I need to tag someone or other - how about Liz and Keri too dear diva buddies, who hav always had interesting blogs.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job and funny, too! This is a horse blog. You're supposed to talk about Gunner. You're supposed to put up his picture(s). And we never could have figured out who N and S were. I thought they were Natasha and Sylvia.

I also didn't know you were supposed to answer things. Just figured that out. Suicide, yes.

And since there's art in how you talk about horses, I think you cover them both.

Thanks for playing!

kdwhorses said...

Well what do they expect when the title of your blog has horses in it! I think go forward and keep doing the way you are. If they do not like it, they can move on! I personally love reading, seeing pics, etc. about the horses. So I say keep going the way you are. I blog for me and continue to do it the way I want. My blog is not like everyone else's either. I want it to reflect our daily lives and my blog is just that. Thanks for the post! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo guilty of every single one of those-- and to prove it, I have no very few readers who ever comment. It's just me, blathering on to myself. Which is why I have started just posting photos of S. and D. and, well, S. (aka Little S.)!! My blog title has become irrelevant "Bosphorus Ramblings" because I do no writing about the Bosphorua, let alone Turkey...

But you know what? F*ck 'em! That advice is for people who are trying to have large readerships for their egos or to make money from their blogs.

I love your blog. So there :P

More photos of pets, please.

Anonymous said...

I think I commit suicide to my blog then all the time. I need to stop putting so many pictures I guess! And I need some new exciting things I suppose, but everytime I do them people complain about the uploading time!

Callie said...

I'm afraid I'm guilty of exactly the same thing....Oh well....See, I enjoy going to other's blogs and looking at their pictures.

KinnicChick said...

As I was reading these I didn't realize until very far into them that you were making them up to fit your blog! LOL LOL!!! Then I got to the bottom and thought, OH NO! She tagged me. I will NEVER be able to write anything so witty. I mean, I'm constantly committing blog suicide, but she did such an excellent job writing hers. and mine will be true, but boring... *snort*

But I will try. (loving Katie's comment. ROFL)

KinnicChick said...

Okay, dahlin'. You can find my response right here: Keri's 7 Rules