Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Camera's back!

Wheeeee!!!

Tonight I am going to take some pictures of N riding Gunner. Tuesday night she rode and found another gear. The thing is with barrel horses is you really don't know what you have until you ask for more speed. Tuesday she asked, and he delivered. Now it's a matter of her catching up to him.

Last weekend she took 7 seconds off her barrel run from two weeks ago. It was in the same arena, and although the barrels are measured you can safely compare times. This weekend we will attempt a new show venue that will give us an idea of where they are sitting in comparison to others.

Now we need to make decisions on how many more shows to go to this fall and if we will ride this winter. Usually we give the horses the winter off, but with Tammy's new indoor going in and an invite to use Gunner's trainers facility, we might be riding more than in past years.

New Topic:

The other day we drove in the yard and all of the ducks were in the cattle grooming chute. It was so funny to see. I said "maybe they want to go to fair?" The Man found it so humorous that he ran inside for his camera (our original digital) and took some shots. The calves he is getting ready for World Beef Expo are in the barn watching through the gate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

New camera, more speed. Pretty exciting world over there!

In fact, with more speed, you probably needed a new camera to capture it.

I hope you do better than I do with knowing how to use it. I have yet to figure out how to get multiple shots. I always get a picture of the horse's tail finishing the jump....

What different worlds we inhabit. We ride year 'round. Or almost. When it's bitter cold, I don't ride. When it's dangerously hot, I don't ride. When I was competing I did, though. And my daughter does. Taking some time off is a good thing, though, so we do try to schedule it. Wednesday is usually Buddy's day off (and piano lesson day.)

What do you do in the winter when your girls aren't riding?

Kathy C said...

The girls are then involved in Basketball and Music. N plays the flute and piano and works hard preparing for a yearly competition. S play basketball and this year started drums and piano.

I think we need to ride some this winter though.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have your camera again. I went to your Flickr account yesterday and saw that you haven't added anything there in, like, two years! Eeeegads, woman!